Friday, September 21, 2012

Scripture of the Day - September 21, 2012



Genesis 41:38  ...Can we find such a one as this is, a man in whom the Spirit of God is?

There are some that go by the letter of the Word and there are some that go beyond... to the spirit of the Word. We, as apostolic Christians, have set certain guidelines as to how we live based on the Word of God. Some guidelines are seen clearly in the letter of the Word, others are not seen so clearly... they are principles we've gleaned from the Word. Some people need chapter and verse for everything they do (or don't do).
Following the letter of the Word is acceptable but I don't want just what's acceptable, I don't want the barest minimum, I want exceptional, I want the best that God has in store for me, I want to go beyond the Holy Place to the Most Holy Place where the Glory of God is manifest in my life. I don't want any partitions between my God and me. I don't want to KNOW OF God I want to KNOW GOD. I want Him to be able to guide me with His eye. I want to be so one with Him that whatever I pray He will do because I am praying His will. 
I want a lot! And because I want a lot I must give a lot...that is, give up a lot of what my carnal nature wants. Is there always chapter and verse? No, but there is always the spirit of the Word and once you are in that dimension you won't demand chapter and verse, you will just know.

~Mary Hynes~

Daily B.R.E.A.D.
(Bible Reading Enriches Any Day)
Today's Scripture reading - Ecclesiastes 9 & 10, Revelation 20
Tomorrow's Scripture reading - Ecclesiastes 11 & 12, Revelation 21 and Psalm 125

For more information on Scripture of the Day, Daily B.R.E.A.D or if you just want to know more about Jesus, visit www.hopelighthouse.ca.

May the Lord richly bless you,

Kristi

No comments:

Post a Comment