Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Scripture of the Day - August 21, 2012



Philippians 2:3  Let nothing be done through strife or vainglory; but in lowliness of mind let each esteem other better than themselves.

C.S. Lewis said humility is not thinking less of yourself but thinking of yourself less. Our society today is all about self...me me me...what about me, what's in it for me, I have my rights and the most damaging...poor me. Did you know selfish people are the most miserable? If we would get our minds off ourselves and focus on Jesus first, then on others, we would not be so dissatisfied.

~Mary Hynes~

Daily B.R.E.A.D.
(Bible Reading Enriches Any Day)
Today's Scripture reading - Job 19 & 20, 1 Peter 5 and Psalm 114
Tomorrow's Scripture reading - Job 21 & 22, 2 Peter 1

For more information on Scripture of the Day, Daily B.R.E.A.D or if you just want to know more about Jesus, visit www.hopelighthouse.ca.

May the Lord richly bless you,

Kristi

No comments:

Post a Comment