Thursday, August 2, 2012

Scripture of the Day - August 2, 2012



Psalm 73:2  But as for me, my feet were almost gone; my steps had well nigh slipped.
3  For I was envious at the foolish, when I saw the prosperity of the wicked.


Sometimes we spend so much energy looking out at others and being envious that we don't have any left to look up to our redeemer and to be grateful. We become weak; our walk with God becomes shaky  and our feet start to slip. We start to question God...why me?...why did this and that happen?...why didn't things work out as I expected?...and on and on the questioning goes. We become angry at God, (oh we sugar coat it as being angry at our situation or at ourselves etc. but that's what it boils down to...angry at God). We feel that we are cursed and that everything is against us when in reality God is working out everything for our good. 
Oh wounded one, swallow your pride and cry out as Asaph did...Psalm 73:22  So foolish was I, and ignorant: I was as a beast before thee.

~Mary Hynes~

Daily B.R.E.A.D.
(Bible Reading Enriches Any Day)
Today's Scripture reading - Nehemiah 8 & 9, Hebrews 6
Tomorrow's Scripture reading - Nehemiah 10 & 11, Hebrews 7 and Psalm 106

For more information on Scripture of the Day, Daily B.R.E.A.D or if you just want to know more about Jesus, visit www.hopelighthouse.ca.

May the Lord richly bless you,

Kristi

No comments:

Post a Comment