Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Scripture of the Day - July 11, 2012



Revelation 2:4  Nevertheless I have somewhat against thee, because thou hast left thy first love.


Because you have left your first love. Sound Biblical doctrine is vital to your walk with God but whatever you do you must do it with the love of Christ. The Ephesian church had become militant regarding doctrine and lifestyle. They had focused so much on this, that their love for Jesus has waxed cold. They knew the Word, they could weed out the false teachers and they had no tolerance for evil but their love had waned. 
Paul wrote it so beautifully in his letter to the Corinthians.  1 Corinthians 13:1 Though I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, and have not love, I am become as sounding brass, or a tinkling cymbal. 2  And though I have the gift of prophecy, and understand all mysteries, and all knowledge; and though I have all faith, so that I could remove mountains, and have not love, I am nothing. 3  And though I bestow all my goods to feed the poor, and though I give my body to be burned, and have not love, it profiteth me nothing.
If we want to profit, if we want success, whatever we do must be done with love.

~Mary Hynes~

Understanding What We Believe and
Growing in our Christian Faith
This short series by Pastor Tim Hynes will be held in the basement of 
Lighthouse of Hope UPC 161 Park Ave. Mount Pearl
Tuesdays at 7:30 pm
We look forward to seeing you there!


Daily B.R.E.A.D.
(Bible Reading Enriches Any Day)
Today's Scripture reading - 2 Chronicles 10 & 11, 2 Thessalonians 1
Tomorrow's Scripture reading - 2 Chronicles 12 & 13, 2 Thessalonians 2 and Psalm 95

For more information on Scripture of the Day, Daily B.R.E.A.D or if you just want to know more about Jesus, visit www.hopelighthouse.ca.

May the Lord richly bless you,

Kristi

No comments:

Post a Comment