Sunday, July 1, 2012

Scripture of the Day - July 1, 2012



Psalm 28:1 A Psalm of David. Unto thee will I cry, O LORD my rock: be not silent to me: lest, if thou be silent to me, I become like them that go down into the pit. 
2  Hear the voice of my supplications, when I cry unto thee, when I lift up my hands toward thy holy oracle. 


Crying is the ultimate expression of sorrow. When you've done all you can and all seems hopeless you often cry. But cry unto the Lord. Only the Lord can help. Crying to all your friends won't help, except maybe to lose friends... for who wants to listen to a constant complainer?  
Ah but God doesn't answer my prayers you say. Then keep praying! Don't settle for no answer. If your supplication is genuine you will continue until you have an answer. Those who give up easily don't really want an answer, they just want to complain.
There are scriptural examples of those who prayed against all opposition and prayed continuously till they received their answer...those examples are there for us...follow them.

~Mary Hynes~

Understanding What We Believe and
Growing in our Christian Faith
This short series by Pastor Tim Hynes will be held in the basement of 
Lighthouse of Hope UPC 161 Park Ave. Mount Pearl
Tuesdays at 7:30 pm
We look forward to seeing you there!


Daily B.R.E.A.D.
(Bible Reading Enriches Any Day)
Today's Scripture reading - 1 Chronicles 19 & 20Philippians 4 
Tomorrow's Scripture reading - 1 Chronicles 21 & 22, Colossians 1 and Psalms 90

For more information on Scripture of the Day, Daily B.R.E.A.D or if you just want to know more about Jesus, visit www.hopelighthouse.ca.

May the Lord richly bless you,

Kristi

No comments:

Post a Comment